McAfee is the antivirus security software program. It helps you by protecting your system from Viruses, malware infection, spyware and many more. If the user already installed McAfee security product on their device, then, it automatically scans the incoming and outgoing emails to avoid viruses and other infections from the system. Scanning the incoming and outgoing traffic is one of the useful protections for your system. But sometimes, it might interfere with the operation of sending and receiving emails. The email client of McAfee security product might get slow and sluggish due to the real-time scanning of the emails.
While using the McAfee Real-time scanning software, some of the users are facing issues in operating it. The McAfee real-time scanning not working is one of the common issues occurs due to the McAfee program or security software, do not scan the emails properly. It might be possible that some technical interference with the email sends and receive operation on the system. It can be the McAfee Email scanning that might cause the email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) to be slow. If you need any technical help in fixing the error then visit McAfee.com/activate or dial the toll-free number of McAfee customer support.
We are providing the complete guide to fixing the McAfee real-time scanning not working. The given steps are easy to follow and simple to understand. The steps are mentioned below.
Procedure to Fix McAfee Real-Time Not Working Error?
Below we mentioned the guide to fix McAfee real-time not working error. these steps are very less time consuming and need few efforts but follow these steps in the given sequence to avoid the trouble or error. the steps are given below-
Step 1: Disable the Email Scanning feature temporarily:-
- Select the Microsoft program from the program folder.
- Then, by going to the toolbar and click on the McAfee icon to open the McAfee antivirus which is installed on the computer system.
- When the program opened, then go to the menu option.
- In the Virus and Spyware protection button, click on the Real-Time Scanning option
- In the Teal-Time Scanning page, click on the settings options.
- Then, uncheck the Email attachments box.
- Now, click on the Apply button.
- Send a test mail to yourself if the test mail successfully sends then the error will be solved.
But if the problem still persists, then follow the next step given below-
Step 2: Check whether another third party is conflicting:-
If the problem still persists after disabling the Real-Time Scanning in McAfee program, there might be other potential reasons of the Error.
- Now you need to check the firewall or other security software is causing a blockage in the email client operations.
- Then, you need to activate the “Add or Remove Program” in the control panel and confirm that whether other security software or firewall installed on your computer system.
- If you found any such conflicting software then begin this application and then disable the real-time scanning feature by following the instructions mentioned in the first step.
- Send one test email message to check problem is fixed or not.
By following the above-mentioned procedure you will surely able to fix the error. But if you will face any issue or error found then get in touch with McAfee customer support. The Experts are certified technicians and available 24*7 to help you. For instant help, dial the toll-free number of McAfee customer support or for more info visit www.McAfee.com/activate.