Google Drive is a online free storage platform provided solely to the Google Account holders. The Cloud service is fantastic as it allows for the 15 GB of free online storage space, and is accessible with any device anywhere and anytime. But there a problem which occurs while sharing documents stored in Google Drive. Various Google Drive users reported that they are not able to open the documents on Google Docs, which makes it difficult for them to share the documents with others.
If you are also facing the same problem with your Google Drive, then don’t worry and follow the steps mentioned in this blog. Once you have gone through all the steps, you will be able to open the documents and share it with anyone conveniently. The process is neither difficult nor time taking, so let’s begin with the method to solve the Google Docs problem.
Related: Amazing Skype Tricks One Should Know
Here’s how to solve cannot open the document on Google Docs
- Right-click on the empty space on Google Drive.
- Select the upload option to upload the file in Drive.
- Now, a pop box will open to select the file you want to upload in Drive.
- Select the file and click the Open button.
- Wait until the file uploads.
- Now, right click on the file and go to the Open with option in the drop-down menu.
- Once you move to the Open with option, a new list will open.
- Generally, Google Docs is placed at the top in the menu.
- If you can’t find it, then move to Connect more Apps option in the same menu.
- Now, a new pop up box will open.
- Click the drop-down arrow from the left corner of the box.
- Select By Google to preview the apps only developed by Google.
- Now, you will see the tabs of Google-developed apps.
- Click the tab named Docs.
- It will appear with its box on the screen.
- Click Connect if not connected, and the Google Docs will begin to work in your Google Drive.
- If it is showing CONNECTED, then look at its left. There is a link that says drive.google.com.
- Click on the link and the new Google Drive tab will open already signed in with your Google account.
- Close the old tab of Drive in your web browser.
- Start working in the newly opened Google Drive.
Now your Google Drive will start working, and you will be able to open the Documents saved on Drive in Google Docs format. You are enabled to share the document with anyone with Google Account.
Marshall Lyne is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Mcafee security products at mcafee.com/activate .