Xbox was Microsoft’s first step into the video gaming consoles arena. In seventeen years, it has sold over 20 million units across the globe. Xbox 360 was a complete overhaul of the first Xbox. It is a complete media center where gamers can play, network, and stream an array of content such as songs, images, games, motion pictures, etc.
If you do not have a disc, then do not worry, you can still play games on your Xbox 360. You can hook it up to the internet and enjoy the games offered by Xbox Live. Here’s how:
Connect Xbox to the internet network to play games
If you wish to download any game to your Xbox, then you will have to be connected to Xbox Live. In order to do that, you need to be online. If you have a wired network, then get an Ethernet cable, and make sure that the internet speed is good, and just get the modem or router along.
Read More >> Amazing Skype Tricks One Should Know
- Firstly you need to hook up the Xbox console to the internet using an Ethernet cable.
- Attach the front of the Ethernet cable into the rear of the console.
- Now, plug in another end into the router or modem.
- When connected with a modem, power off the Xbox 360, and detach the power cord of the modem. After a few minutes, plug the modem back and power on the console.
- Now, just check the Xbox Live connection.
- Hit the Guide button on the Xbox 360.
- Choose the Network Settings option.
- After that, select Wired Network.
- Finally, select Test Xbox Live Connection.
- Enjoy the game play experience with Xbox Live.
Hook up Xbox 360 E and Xbox 360 S to the internet wirelessly
In order to connect the Xbox console to a Wi-Fi network, you have to make sure that the internet connection is good and you have a wireless access point. Here’s how you can do so:
- Firstly, hit the Guide button on the Control and choose Settings.
- In the Settings screen, select System Settings.
- Now, select Network Settings option.
- In the Network Settings screen, choose Available Networks.
- Select the network.
- Enter the password for the wireless network.
Hook up the original Xbox 360 console to the internet wirelessly
Do you have the original Xbox 360? Well, in that case, you can connect it to the internet wirelessly. Here’s how:
- Firstly, disconnect the network cable from the rear of the Xbox.
- After that, insert the ends of the wireless adapter into the slots at the back of your Xbox 360.
- Insert the USB cable of the wireless network into the port.
- Now, turn it on and allow it to boot.
- After that, just hit the Guide button on the Xbox controller.
- Choose Settings from the options.
- Now, select System Settings.
- Choose Network Settings from the Console Settings menu.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network.
- Key in the password.